Wednesday, November 14, 2007

That dreaded first cold

Poor baby!

IMG_4021 

Donny is in the midst of his first cold. He woke me up last Friday night at 10:30 with a fever of 101.8 and a hoarse voice. I gave him Tylenol, stripped him down to his diaper, and tried to cheer him up without cuddling him so my body heat wouldn't keep the temp up. Within 15 minutes his temp was down to 100.1 and he was cooing and smiling at me as if nothing was wrong. I called the doctor to make sure I was doing the right thing, and steeled myself for the next few days of the sickies.

We had a restless few nights and one day of lots of whimpering (and almost no napping), but he is on the mend now. He is still coughing and sneezing, and taking longer naps, but otherwise, he is back to his normal tricks. Not quite normal... but close. Today he entertained himself for a while with stuffing his fist in his mouth and repeatedly flinging mucusy slobber all over the couch and me. It was so funny to watch that I didn't stop him, just tried to catch the liquid with a couple of baby blankets.

I, of course, am sick too (Andy somehow escaped it). It has made the whole ordeal harder when we are both suffering with sore throats, fevers, and runny noses/sinus achiness. The good news is that we have been able to stay home for almost a week straight. We went to Fred Meyers and the bank today just so we could get out of the house for a minute.

Here's a great shot of my listless boy on day two of the cold. He was still enough that I could keep a blanket on him. I even let him watch TV for most of the morning since it seemed to help the time pass for him so he wasn't so miserable.
IMG_4030 

No comments:

Post a Comment