Thursday, November 15, 2007

All in a day's Urp

I thought I'd give you all a picture of my little laundry problem. Today I documented the many outfits of Donny. 

Here is outfit number one. He woke up in this one:
IMG_4033 

Here is outfit number two. He needed this change by the time he had his first nap at 8:45am. I don't like to put him in bed with a wet neckline and sleeves.
IMG_4038 

Here is outfit number three. I had to put him in this one because he peed all over the last one while I was changing his diaper after the nap.
IMG_4040 

Here is number four. He spit up profusely all over this one within five minutes of putting it on. Can you see the puddles of spit up on his pants?
IMG_4052 

Number five. This one got coated in drool (see the previous post for details)
IMG_4054 

Six. We went out in public in this one. I took him out of the carseat and could hardly stand to hold him, he was so wet in all the places the straps didn't cover. (the strap covers are now in the laundry too.)
IMG_4056 

And finally seven. I tucked him into bed in this one. It will probably still be dry in the morning thanks to the swaddling he is wrapped in.
IMG_4060 

I just did the laundry. Here is his changing table all stocked. By Sunday it will be mostly empty, and I will be folding little sleepers again.
IMG_4034 

Some people have suggested bibs. That only helps short term, since his spit up is projectile and ends up all over his pants as well as his sleeves and his Daddy...and the couch/carpet/changing table/whatever is closer than three feet away from him at any given moment.

The doctor insists he'll grow out of it... and since he is fully sixteen pounds, we aren't worried that he's managing to absorb enough calories to keep himself plump and growing. This Thanksgiving I am grateful for all those who have given us a plethora of clothing. We have enough to clothe sextuplets next time if they don't spit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment