Thursday, October 25, 2007

New Baby Straightjacket and other violence...

I don't know how parents deal with being woken up at night all the time! Donny sleeps a solid 11-13 hour night usually. Not last night. Last night he managed to figure out how to explode out of his old swaddler. At 1 am he woke me up crying (he doesn't sleep well when he is not tied down!) I re-swaddled, figuring he just didn't get fastened up tight enough. No such luck...


1:45 am - he woke me up again. Out of the swaddler again. And 2:30. And 3:00. And 3:45. So... I carried him out to the living room and held him while we both got two much needed hours of sleep... then at 5:45 Andy swaddled him really tight in the swaddler and our biggest recieving blanket before he went to work. I was shocked when we turned on the light and saw what he had done to his forehead one of those times he wiggled free from his swaddling. He looks a bit like I dropped him forehead first on the sidewalk!

IMG_3897 IMG_3898 

Donny and I both slept soundly until 8:00. When, you guessed it! He found his way out again!

IMG_3902 IMG_3909 

Right after I fed him (and trimmed those finger nails) I raided our linen closet and found an old flannel sheet that I haven't used in years and cut it down to the right size to swaddle our not so little man.

IMG_3901 

I'm not sure why he likes it so much. At almost four months, he is past the age that most babies stop sleeping well in a straightjacket... but maybe he takes after both parents who like to wrap themselves up in a mummy bag like state to sleep every night. For now, he is happily napping in his swaddler and new sheet-blanket... looking like a kid who's taken a big spill off his bike. More fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment